Sustainability policy director at ESMC, the European Solar Manufacturing Council.
I also work for Re:meat, Sweden´s first start-up with the ambition to start up the Nordics’ first factory for the production of cultivated meat (meat without slaughter and with low climate impact).
I am also a member of the municipal council in Stockholm (the Left Party).
I have fifteen years of experience as a full-time politician, 2006-2009 in the European Parliament and 2010-2022 in the Riksdag.
I have always worked with issues related to climate, environment, justice and animal rights. I have a Master´s Degree in Sociology, Uppsala University (1996). I live in Enskede with my family, wife, two children and our dog Sally.
Sometimes I take on assignments as lecturer or advisor. Could that be something for you? Don´t hesitate to get in touch.
- MP the riksdag (Swedish national parliament) 2010-2022, main formal assignments:
- Chair of the Committee on Transport and Communications 2018-2022
- Member of the Committee on European Affairs 2010-2022
- Member of the Committee on Environment and Agriculture 2010-2018
- Member of the Environmental Objectives Committee 2015-2018, which, among other things, produced Sweden’s first climate law.
- Environment and climate policy spokesperson (V) 2010-2022.
- Riksdagen´s contact person for Globe, Global Legislators Organisation, 2010-2018.
Representing (V) = The Swedish Left Party
- MP European Parliament 2006-2009, main formal assignments:
- Member of the Committee on the Environment and Public Health and Food Safety, ENVI 2006-2009
- Substitute member of the Committee on International Trade, INTA, coordinator (GUE/NGL) 2006-2009
- Member the Temporary Committee on Climate Change 2007-2009
- Selection of important issues dealt with as MEP: the European Parliaments climate and energy package, EU ETS, renewable energy directive, the chemicals legislation package REACH, emission standards for passenger cars, revision of eco-design directive, ban on mercury and the EU’s animal welfare strategy and new slaughter rules.
- As MEP also the operational and political responsibility for a cabinet with officials based in Brussels and Stockholm.
Representing the Swedish Left Party (GUE/NGL the Left).
Before political career: Master´s Degree in Sociology Uppsala University 1996, has worked as journalist and press officer.
Read my texts in English.